Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer, with a side of freshness

I'm not your average contractor. I tell people that often. Contractor's get a bad rap, we have all heard the horror stories from friends. But I try hard to operate my business differently. That being said I'm not always on home remodels or outdoor landscape projects. Sometimes I like to take on a special project. Some thing that can bring some joy to someones life and at the same time fill my need for creativity. Last summer I worked on this lemon-aid stand for a clients children. Being a Dad myself, I really enjoyed this project and it was fun to create. I used a desk that I got from the Goodwill as my base for the structure.
Then I added additional pieces like stair railing for the posts, and a chalk board painted the front, and wood top for the sign (covered in peal and stick wall paper); all that I got from the Home Depot.
The sides I decorated with wall paper stickers from a local craft store. No lemon-aid stand could be complete without a few accessories like a basket and money till; all finds from the Goodwill. There you have it, ready for service. So the next time you see an old desk at a garage sale or thrift store - think about how you can get creative with your kids this summer.
To keep up with us Like us on FACEBOOK
 {photos by Angie Cox Photography}




photos by Angie Cox Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment